- This event has passed.
2021 Clearing and Burning Ceremony
December 17, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$20.00
2021 Clearing and Burning Ceremony at The Shamanic Fire Ring Drumming Circle
Join us outdoors, around the fire and under the stars for the Winter Shamanic Fire Ring Drumming Circle: White Elephant Gift Exchange and 2021 Clearing and Burning Ceremony!
It’s time to clear out what we are done with for 2021, burn it up, and make room for 2022! Plus, we’ll be celebrating the last Full Moon of 2021!
Those who have done this with me before know we can combine profound shamanic healing with outrageous fun!
Optional Gift Exchange
Please bring a wrapped gift valued at $15 – $20. RULES are at the bottom of this page.
Who Can Come
You! If you enjoy bonfires, Shamanic Guided Journey, sharing laughter and drumming, and want to participate in our White Elephant Gift Exchange, then this is for you. Children who can tolerate quiet time for the ceremony and guided journey are welcome.
We have had several kids showing up for recent circles, adding to the magic, and enjoying themselves!
We don’t have any professional drummers, just people wanting to share the energy of engaging in the pleasure and power of percussion and sound. There are rattles and drums to share! If you have any to share, please bring them.
The Guided Journey
After I’ve taken you through some fun drumming, we’ll embark on a healing Shamanic Guided Journey to help sort the many changes of 2021 and make room for you to dream in your new year 2022.
The 2021 Clearing and Burning Ceremony
This is your chance to really let go using the Shamanic Transformation Spirit of Fire. Yes, you may bring something to toss into the fire such as a written letter, photo, or other symbolic, burnable item.
I will have delicious s’mores supplies and hot apple cider. Please feel free to bring anything else you’d like to share!
Friday, December 17, 2021
6:30 smudge – 7 pm start
Mara’s Shamanic Oasis in La Mesa, CA. You need to register to receive directions. GPS Navigators are permanently confused.
$20 love offering requested (Children no cost unless you wish to contribute. Thank you!)
Space limited – go HERE, select Classes, and scroll down to Shamanic Fire Ring Drumming Circle. Directions provided with enrollment.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your drum, rattle, didgeridoo…yes, we have some to share. Bring extras if you wish!
- Jacket, lap blanket (it gets cold this time of year!)
- Water to drink
- White Elephant Gift, wrapped, $15 – $20 value
- Symbolic object to burn!
I will have regular s’mores supplies and Cider. Please feel free to bring anything else you’d like to share!
The White Elephant Game Rules
- Bring a wrapped gift valued at $15 – $20 suitable for just about anyone.
- Exchange your gift for your ticket number (When we call it, it’s your turn!).
- When we call the first ticket, that person starts the game. They will select a gift, unwrap it, and hold it up for all to see.
- The next person decides whether to steal that gift or select from the still wrapped items. Stealing – A gift is declared SAFE after two steals. Steal #3 is forever!
- The game continues until everyone has opened or stolen a gift.
- At the end, the person who started the game takes one last turn. If they decide not to steal a gift, keeping the one they have, the game is over. If they do steal a gift, the game continues until someone decides to keep their gift, rather than steal.
Space limited – go HERE, select Classes, and scroll down to Shamanic Fire Ring Drumming Circle. Directions proved with registration.
WHAT IS A SHAMANIC FIRE RING CIRCLE?
Our focus is community, fun and healing. We share a common desire to connect with like-minded souls, so we include ceremony, discussion and guided journey as well as drumming, games and more!
Musical experience NOT required! You don’t have to participate when we play, and we aren’t trying to make “music.” We let Spirit guide the sound…and enjoy the flow of energy and love.
The 2021 Clearing and Burning Ceremony prepares us for entering the darkest days of the year leading to the Winter Solstice, and the coming light of 2022!