- This event has passed.
Shamanic Serendipity's Drum Making Workshop
Drum Making with Stiina
Drum Making as a group is a powerful initiation and profound way to come into right relationship with your sacred drum. Learn how to make your own hand drum with Stiina from Shamanic Serendipity!
Saturday, February 17, 2018!
10 am to 1:30 pm (approximately)
At Mara’s Shamanic Oasis
(cost info below)
WHAT HAPPENS IN STIINA’S DRUM MAKING WORKSHOP?
Stiina will take you on a Guided Journey to meet the animal spirit of your drum.
She’ll teach you how to make a drum and drumstick, and you will do it right there!
You’ll have some laughs and leave with your very own drum!
WHAT KIND OF DRUM?
You’ll make a hand drum from one of these animals
All drum making hides are from responsibly hunted animals or animals that have died naturally. All the hides are blessed in a gratitude ceremony and all other parts have been used long before I get the hides. I also connect with each animal’s spirit before working with it to ask its permission to be used in making these sacred tools. They are happy to have their spirit live on in the drum because it is longer lasting and usually given more gratitude and respect than their meat.
Speaking GENERALLY the hides have different resonances, energies and of course natural coloring variations.
- Deer is the lightest and brightest sounding (besides reindeer and goat, however, I don’t offer those with a Beginners Class. The skin is super thin, dries out super fast and is prone to ripping). Deer works with the higher chakras and helps with connecting with higher self and opening up to cosmic blueprints.
- Horse is bright, too, with a lower and louder sound and is actively energetic. It connects to the heart chakra and helps with driving forward. Horse is great with heart healing and connecting to the natural rhythm of life.
- Elk has a medium sound, a longer resonance and really loves to work with the solar plexus. Elk helps you find your authentic self and stand in your power.
- Moose has a medium to low tone and resonates with the sacral chakra. Moose is nurturing and helps awaken and balance our Divine Feminine and Divine Masculine energies.
- Buffalo is the lowest sounding of all the hides and its resonance isn’t as long but its beat is powerful, strong and grounding. Buffalo works with the root chakra.
DRUM MAKING WORKSHOP COSTS
Price include the wooden hoop, rawhide and lacing prepped, cut and holes punched, instruction and the drumstick.
Not all hides come in all sizes because certain hides (buffalo and moose) don’t have much of a sound if the hoop is smaller.
The class is limited to a max of 8 students, but I can do 2 sessions on Saturday if we fill up. I also ask that no one younger than 14 attend. This is due to the physical requirements and attention span needed to birth the drums. (I am willing to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis)
The kits will be needed to be paid for by Feb. 3, 2018! I need time to order the supplies, for the supplies to arrive, as well as time to cut the hides and prep the kits. Kits can be purchased from the following HERE:
A $20 gratitude gift is asked to be provided to Mara Clear Spring Cook the day of the event for providing the Shamanic Oasis venue.
The kits are non-refundable, however, if there is a last minute emergency or illness, I can make your drum for you, or you can send someone else to make the drum on your behalf.
The drums take about 5 to 7 days to dry before they are playable and they will last a lifetime with proper care!